1. Identify at least three musical characteristics that were essential to early African American music. For each of those characteristics, explain how they functioned in slave songs or ring shouts, and how they functioned in early blues styles or spirituals.2. Compare/contrast country blues and classic blues: discuss the musical and/or cultural origins of each style, explain three musical characteristics of each style, and identify the relative commercial success of each style. Name two country blues performers and two classic blues performers.
• Explain how minstrelsy helped construct musical representations of race in the US, by identifying and describing at least one
• Explain how minstrelsy helped construct musical representations of race in the US, by identifying and describing at least one minstrelsy character. Identify the opportunities that both European Americans and African Americans had, to make a living as performers in minstrelsy. The negative aspects are obvious, but identify at least one positive aspect of minstrelsy.• Explain why ragtime was unique in the context of late-1800s American popular culture. How did the emerging music industry popularize ragtime? Describe how ragtime was initially received by the broader American public – positive or negative. Can you draw parallels between these issues another musical style that emerged in the past 70 years?• Choose three of the following musical styles – vaudeville, country blues, classic blues, ragtime, jazz. For each style, identify the opportunities that musicians had to make a living as performers, and what kind of venues they might have performed in.
1. What was the Nashville sound in 1960s country music? How did it compare to earlier country styles, and who
1. What was the Nashville sound in 1960s country music? How did it compare to earlier country styles, and who were the artists associated with it? 2. Describe the range of musical styles that Ray Charles blended in his work. What is the relationship between Ray Charles’s music and the soul music of the 1960s? 3. Discuss the musical style of James Brown. What musical elements were emphasized in his music? What elements were less important? How did James Brown use his music to make political statements? 4. How did Aretha Franklin’s style of music and recording change when she moved from Columbia Records to Atlantic Records? How did she change the image and role of the female singer in the 1960s? 5. What made Bob Dylan stand out among the many folk singers in the early 1960s? How did Dylan’s fans react to his decision to play electric music? Why all the fuss? 6. Name some of the bands associated with the Counterculture movement in the 1960s. Where was this Counterculture first born and how did LSD play a major role in its development? 7. Describe the vocal style of Janis Joplin. Who were her influences? 8. How did the musical and production style of the Beatles change after they stopped touring in 1966? Why did they stop touring to begin with? 9. List some of the key features of late 1960s power trios. Who were some of the pioneers in this rock genre? 10. Where did Jimi Hendrix first make it big in the music world? What are some things he is most well-known for? 11. What inspired the development of “back to basics” Roots Rock? How did Roots Rock differ from other rock genres of the late 60s and early 70s?
The leading Power Trios of the late 1960s were the Jimi Hendrix Experiment, The Who and Cream. What were some
The leading Power Trios of the late 1960s were the Jimi Hendrix Experiment, The Who and Cream. What were some notable musical elements of this rock genre? How did they fill out their sound to make up for the lack of a rhythm guitarist? Discuss the impact of Jimi Hendrix on rock guitar. Include elements of his sound as well as the more dramatic aspects of his performing style.
Discuss the ways in which you have been affected by sensationalized depictions of Palestinians, or “Arabs,” and describe how you
Discuss the ways in which you have been affected by sensationalized depictions of Palestinians, or “Arabs,” and describe how you might use Knopf-Newman’s depictions of collective resistance to speak out against the atrocities faced by Palestinians, or similarly oppressed, marginalized, and unjustly criminalized groups of people of color throughout the world.
Can music with a socially conscious message have a positive effect or a negative effect? Why? Give an example of
Music Assignment Writing ServiceCan music with a socially conscious message have a positive effect or a negative effect? Why? Give an example of a song that has addressed a social issue. How was it received? What role does the performer of the song play in the reception of the song’s message? Do the commercial aspects of the music business affect the role of the artist in terms of social commentary? Why or why not? Does art have the power to change minds?
If you had to choose one song as your top favorite from each of the four albums (The Beatles’ albums
If you had to choose one song as your top favorite from each of the four albums (The Beatles’ albums “Help!,” “Rubber Soul,” “Revolver,” and “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”), which ones are they? Explain why for each of the four songs: lyrics, music, recording, instrumentation, singing, etc.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more