BA3102 – #2 Sustainability/Corporate Responsibility Analysis Assignment
The objective of this assignment is to:
· Provide you with an opportunity to explore and compare the sustainability efforts and strategy of two specific, competitive organizations. We will use publicly traded companies for this assignment to ensure access to company disclosures, websites, etc.
· Provide you with the chance to analyze how and where stakeholder needs and business needs drive sustainability strategies
· Help you begin to evaluate possible employers
· Select two publically traded companies that compete in an industry sector that interests you. Make sure that both organizations have publicized a clear position/strategy (or lack of one) to demonstrate sustainability and/or corporate responsibility and that their position and effort(s) have been covered by the press.
· Review annual reports and press releases to understand exactly what each organization is focusing on regarding these opportunities AND WHY THEY ARE DOING SO. Read at least 2-3 articles about the efforts/resources each organization is currently investing in and the results/impact that have been created, then complete the following grid. Do not write a separate essay – please just complete the grid.
· You should read articles the organizations post on the organization website; however, keep in mind that 1) they must be actual articles, with authors, citations etc. and 2) referencing articles from multiple sources representing diverse perspectives will improve your grade.
· Complete the grid that follows. To complete the assignment, download this document, fill in the boxes (this is a WORD document that will expand as you type in it), then submit the assignment electronically in Canvas. You will receive instructions on how to do this in class and the instructions will also be posted in Canvas. You must submit your assignment as a WORD document or the grader will not be able to read it.
· You must submit this assignment on time! Any submission received after midnight on the due date listed in the syllabus will receive a letter grade deduction for every 24 hours late.
Is English your second language?
|Business #1||Business #2|
|List the key stakeholders the business is accountable to or interested in|
|Describe the sustainability efforts the business is currently investing effort in AND which stakeholders each effort is focused toward.|
|Does the business differentiate sustainability from corporate responsibility?|
|Please Rate||Quality of the overall sustainability efforts||A||B||C||D||F||A||B||C||D||F|
|Visibility of the strategy/efforts||A||B||C||D||F||A||B||C||D||F|
|Positive results to date||A||B||C||D||F||A||B||C||D||F|
|Positive results/impact expected, next 12 months||A||B||C||D||F||A||B||C||D||F|
|Level of financial investment||A||B||C||D||F||A||B||C||D||F|
|What message do you think the business is trying to communicate to you, as a consumer/citizen, through these efforts? Be specific, share examples that describe where/how this message is being communicated…and why!|
|What do you believe is the most positive aspect of these efforts? Why?|
|What aspect(s) of these efforts could produce negative impact? Why?.|
|What advice would you give the decision makers of this business to improve their reputation/stakeholder engagement?|
|What can you determine about the financial health of the business based on what you have read on their website or in the press?|
|Do their sustainability/CR efforts contribute to the financial health of the organization? How?|
|What have you learned about CSR that influences you most as a prospective employee by completing this assignment? Why?|
Review This Service
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more